Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Aix en Provence at night



I went to the cinema last night to see the film Avatar. I loved the film, in spite of the 3 hour struggle with blue people speaking French, but even more than that, I loved the opportunity to walk home late at night.





As much as I love the bustle of the streets in Aix en Provence during the day, there is something extraordinarily beautiful about this city at night. And last night was special. It was a cool evening, just after a rain, and the light and it's reflection on the streets was....well.....I'll just show you.


The Fountain of Hot Water-Cour Mirabeau

Perhaps these photos will offer  a little bit of an explanation as to why I just couldn't leave this town after the first year. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!