Tuesday, June 14, 2011

C'est l'heure


Yes sirree bob...it's time. My last post was May 9. May 9th?!?! Just before I went back to the U.S. for a 3 week trip. Which means I've been back in France since the 2nd of June. Which means....well, what does that mean?

In fact, I do this disappearing act every time I go away and stop writing for awhile. It used to worry me. Like I would never be able to write again. And I'd feel a bit like I had lost all my friends and that I deserved it. Out of touch and off the map.

But after many trips and far too much internal wrestling, I realize it is just my M.O. My way of reintegrating back into my other life...my french life. Apparently I need the time to feel at home again, relearn the language (every time I come back I feel like an infant in the language department), enjoy my city....and get comfortable with not being near my family.



So first, I need to share this photo with you. These two fabulous young, college graduates are the reason I went back to the States this time.


The dog did not graduate but he's my other boy and felt the need to be in the picture.

I love visiting them simply because they are such cool human beings. This time it was even more joyous. They've accomplished what they set out to do. One step in a long line of many more exciting and creative steps. And I couldn't have been more proud. I really don't think I could have! But it was a serious day. We're a serious family.


And now I have made la rentrée. It wasn't so difficult this time in spite of the 6 days of non-stop rain that greeted me. 



I've dined and wined with all my friends, I've meandered through the annual home show...doesn't this beat the home and garden show in the local convention center?


I've had my coffee in the cafés where I've already had the pleasure of arguing love and politics, listened to jazz in the streets and delighted to an evening circus on Cours Mirabeau.



I've spent a Sunday in Isle sur l Sorgue at the fabulous market. 


Stay tuned for more on these lovely rugs. They will be available soon at an internet site near you!


And Arthur and Maurice are back together again in our apartment.


 I sense for some reason as if a page is turning. Life was different upon my return for a variety of reasons....not all so comfortable. Yet, I feel as if new and wonderful things are going to happen....I can just feel it. This must be the way my beautiful boys feel right now.

So, after a couple of weeks of getting my feet back on French ground...

Je suis confortablement installée.


  It's good to be back and can't wait to find out what's new with all of you.

Photobucket

23 comments:

  1. I had cereal for dinner last night ! Today I may clean my garage. BEAT THAT DELANA
    Jeanmarie
    XOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah...

    You're back!

    All the best

    Keith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, so glad you are back and writing again. Incredibly envious because I could use some Calgon moments right now to get away from my teenage boys who are not accomplishing great things currently. Sigh. I'll just read about your fabulous life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back!

    How wonderful to see your boys graduate - a proud moment indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So jealous that you get to go back to Francey... but it was so nice to meet you in the flesh! Can't wait to see that pic!

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you're back! Can't wait to read more posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gee, D, your life is pretty rough. Wanna swap? Good to hear from you again, and congrats to you and the boys.

    Did I tell you that we're re-designing our website a bit to make it even better? I'll keep you posted.
    -Mark
    www.paristoprovence.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've missed you and I'm glad you are back.
    Pat yourself on your back, you deserve to feel a huge sense of accomplishment and pride in guiding the path for your son's education.
    What new milestone is happening in my life?........ my 13 year old daughter just got ask out on her first date. Oh no, wasn't it just yesterday that she started preschool?

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you had a good time (and what handsome boys you have!).

    Happy that you're back though. Missed your writings :-)

    M.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delana,
    I've been waiting for this post! Congratulations to your accomplished sons. What a wonderful day for all of you. You are, understandably, so proud.
    Selfishly, I am so happy to have you back.
    Aidan xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoy your blog so very much. Read all of it over several days, now I'm hooked.

    Congrats on the boys graduating. Nice job.

    Shelagh

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've missed you and your posts Delana. I'm glad you had a great trip back to the US and that you've safely returned to France.

    Y'know, I feel the same after taking a hiatus from blogging. This last stint had me feeling as though I no longer belonged to this community of bloggers. Eh bien, so it goes.

    Congrats to you and your sons for this accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jeanmarie-I will top that...with you...here in France...in September.

    Ksam-Thank you. I've just been catching up with you and all the marriage stuff. OMG!

    Keith-Yes, and you're back too. All is right with the world.

    Paulita-Oh my, I remember THOSE days. I gotta check out what's going on with you! Speaking of Calgon...man I miss bathtubs.

    Sarah- Thank you so much for not forgetting me during my repose.

    Neenuh- It was awesome meeting you as well. And yes, I will send you the photo of us. A cool blogger moment.

    Linds- And back at ya, sweetie

    Mark- Going over there right now. Are you in France?

    Jackye-They don't have me to thank. They did it themselves. But....I really think I'm a little glad I didn't have a daughter!

    Moxie- Thank you. They are SO DARNED CUTE!

    Aidan- I miss you and need to catch up. Please...let's get together this summer.

    Shelagh-Oh my, welcome to my little space in cyberspace. I am so glad you are here. As usual, when somebody new joins me, I'm curious about them. If you get a chance, tell me about yourself.

    Tanya- You get it. Funny how we've become a community and how much I miss everybody.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am delighted that you are back to posting, I missed your wit and your sense of humour.
    Congratulations for the graduates; my daughter graduated for High School and I feel that we (the mothers) in a certain way graduated too.
    ready for the next step!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely post. What a proud moment for you - and what good-looking sons you have!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Delana, can't imagine how proud you must be of your boys! Glad you are feeling settled back in again and looking forward to reading more about what's around the corner for you. . .as I keep an eye on my path. Your fearless journey reminds me to stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Welcome back (you certainly don't waste time getting into the swing of things!)--how fun to "see" you again!

    ReplyDelete
  18. NIce to see you back. My mom says she should have only had daughters!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Welcome back Delana - I've missed your posts but you were doing something far more important - spending time with your lovely family.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Welcome back to the Old World! Miss reading your posts. Congratulations to your boys (now men)Know you had great time back in Midwest.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Welcome back to the Old World! Miss reading your posts. Congratulations to your boys (now men)Know you had great time back in Midwest.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Welcome home!
    And I don't think you and your boys could look any happier in those photos :-)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!